This is the premier place in the Heartland and beyond to witness top-fuel drag racing, along with other exciting drag racing events.
- NHRA Sanctioned
- 1/4 Mile Track
- Concrete Safety Wall
- Track Elevation 1000 feet above sea level
- 660 foot smooth ground concrete launch surface
- 660 feet of asphalt race surface
- 2,600+ feet of shutdown and 180-foot, net-equipped sand trap followed open area
- Track runs North to South
- Compulink Timing System
- Musco Stadium Lighting
- 650 Acre Facility
- Full Concession Stands with food and beverage and Budweiser products
- No coolers and absolutely no glass bottles of any kind
- VP Race Fuel on site – Contact HMP for current price
- On Site Camping – some electric hookups available
- Dumping station outside the park for campers and race rigs
- Lots of paved parking for race cars
- Large Pavilion Area
- Pit side restrooms have private showers
Information on Heartland Motorsports Park Drag Strip
Type of race track: NHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile drag strip on 650 plus acres of land.
Location: Located SW side of Topeka, Kansas on Topeka Blvd
History: Construction on Heartland Motorsports Park took more than a year and on August 11, 1989, four years after a motorsports facility was proposed in Topeka, the track hosted its first race, the Camel Grand Prix. Built at a cost of nearly $22 million, Heartland Motorsports Park has been hosting record setting performances since the doors first opened over 30 years ago. Since 2016, the updates and renovations that have been done to the facility have been tremendous. Consequently, Heartland Motorsport’s Park 2019 season is expected to be one of the busiest to date. With over 56 days filled with road racing, 13 Test & Tune’s on the drag strip, four Sprint Car events on the dirt oval, and four nationally recognized events, Heartland invites you to come out to one or many of their 156 days of fast, fun-filled events!
Drag race season: April to mid-November, select Friday nights, most Saturdays, and some Sundays.
Drag Strip Spectator Info – Does NOT Include the NHRA Heartland Nationals
Test & Tune
Test & Tune Tech Card $25.00
Adults & Crew $10.00
Kids 6-12 $3.00
Senior 62+ $8.00
Military $8.00 with current ID
Under 5 Free
Regular Bracket Points Events
Adults & Crew $15.00
Kids 6-12 $3.00
Senior 62+ $12.00
Military $12.00 with current ID
Under 5 Free
Gate times will be posted for each event because they can change but here are the basic times
Saturday Test & Tunes – Gates open 9:00am Race 10:00am – 4:00pm
Friday Night Test & Tunes – Gates open at 5:00pm Race 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday Points Race – Open at 8:00am Time Trials 10:00am Eliminations to follow
We accept all Credit cards: Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express
Pets are allowed. They must be well-behaved and on a leash.
No alcohol and NO GLASS BOTTLES
Full service concession stands with a variety of food and beverages sold. Budweiser products sold on grounds.
All golf carts, four wheelers, ATVs, pit bikes etc must be registered with the track to be allowed on grounds. See Registration for details.
Summit Racing Equipment ET Bracket Series 2019 Entry Fees & Payouts
- Winner: $900
- Runner-Up: $400
- Semi-Finalist(s): $200
- Quarter-Finalists: $75 (with 50+ entries)
- Entry Fee: $70
- Winner: $700
- Runner-Up: $300
- Semi-Finalist(s): $125
- Quarter-Finalists: $50 (with 50+ entries)
- Entry Fee: $55
- Winner: $350
- Runner-Up: $150
- Semi-Finalist(s): $50
- Entry Fee: $35
Super Junior Dragster-
- Winner: $100
- Runner-Up: $50
- Semi-Finalist(s): $25
- Entry Fee: $25
Novice Junior Dragster-
- Winner: $50
- Runner-Up: $25
- Entry Fee: $25
**** Rules for NHRA Menards Heartland National event – see below****
PERMITTED ITEMS to carry in
- One lightweight backpack, day pack or clear backpack, approximately 18 X 18 X 4 inches, are permitted but are subject to search
- Bag can be used to carry personal mobile devices (i.e. cell phone, tablets, etc…), binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, samples received, or souvenir purchases.
- The above bag may also be worn separately over the neck or on the belt.
Other permitted items:
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt will be allowed.
- Seat cushions carried separately are allowed. Seat cushions with non-soft components will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- All items brought through a Grandstand gate are subject to be searched.
- Strollers are permitted through the gates but not allowed in the grandstand areas.
- Baby Food, formula/milk, and non-glass baby bottles.
- Wheel Chairs or motorized chairs
- Signs and flags are allowed as long as they are not offensive and don’t obstruct spectator views
- Lawn chairs in designated areas that do not obstruct views of the grandstands
- No pets are allowed during the NHRA Heartland Nationals
The following may not enter the admission gates or be left in or around the gate area:
Coolers or Hydration Backpacks, i.e. CamelBacks.
Firearms, weapons of any kind (knives), fireworks and items restricted by Local, State and Federal laws.
Hard sided coolers, thermos and insulated cups of any size.
Outside food and beverages are not allowed.
Drugs (unless prescribed by a medical physician and medically necessary)
No bicycles, glass containers, umbrellas, ATVs, scooters, skateboards, folding chairs, laser pointers, large flag poles or poles of any type or pets (trained assistance animals for disabled guests are welcome).
NO GOLF CARTS are allowed inside the gate.
None of the above restricted items may be left in or around the gate area.
Any items deemed to be an obstruction to other spectators
Lewd behavior and language will not be tolerated
UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE POLICY – Heartland Park strictly prohibits the use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAV”), also known as a drone, for any purpose whatsoever on Raceway Property. A UAV for purposes of this policy is any aircraft without a human pilot aboard. Raceway personnel may remove anyone using a UAV on Raceway property and/or confiscate the UAV until the event is over.